Disclosure: I only recommend products that I love. This post may contain affiliate links that won't cost you anything but it helps me to keep running this site - plus maybe get a book or two 😉. Thanks for your support!
First. Post. Ever.
I have a lot of ideas about the content that I would like to provide on this site. But for my first post, I thought you might be interested to know about how this site is possible and the products that I am currently using after a lot.. LOTS..of research.
1. Domain name
I decided to get my domain on Namecheap.com. So far so good. It was really easy to connect it with my blogging platform and the live chat service was great!
2. Blogging Platform
After a lot of research, I chose Ghost. It has a built-in newsletter, an option for subscription memberships, you can integrate it with other products, and a lot more. I really enjoy how easy and fast it is to create and edit posts. There are some great free themes for your website. If you are new at blogging I recommend getting the Starter Plan for only $11 a month.
To have a better idea of how my posts and this site are doing. I am using Simple Analytics. (Now, there are free analytics that you can use, I decided to use Simple Analytics because it is a privacy-friendly analytics tool AND it's free for one year with the GitHub student pack developer) (If you use my affiliate link you will get one-month extra trial. 😉)
- Typeform: Another free tool that comes with GitHub student pack developer. I am very excited to use this product as it is a great way to engage with all of you.
- Google Workspace: I am mainly using it to have a custom email address and share links of freebies that I upload to google drive.
- Instagram: I can share info or photos that link to this website, although I am mostly using it for my design shop.
- Pinterest: Amazing for marketing with a business account.
- Tailwind: I don't want to spend lots of hours scheduling posts, so I thought this would be a great investment, as it won't only help me send new users to this website but also to my shop.
- Newsletter: Built-in with Ghost. I don't need to send my newsletters through a third-party site. I can send them as posts to your emails and it will show me analytics of the open rate. However, If I want to answer your replies, I will use Gmail.
These are a few of the apps/websites that I am using to help me managed and keep this site up and running. I will edit this post as much as possible to keep you on the loop.